PDA

View Full Version : The Odyssey

Unregistered
05-29-2004, 01:00 AM
I think that if you found this book good then you must be going crazy. I mean come on! If this is the best book you've read then you need to visit the library more often.

Cassi
03-17-2005, 05:32 PM
I am also a ninth grader and just finished reading excerpts out of my lit book of the odyssey. I loved the parts and want to read the whole thing. I would love to ch@ abput it l8r if u want. Chow

Vampire Lestat
03-17-2005, 06:54 PM
Guys... seriously..... It sucks. I mean it, this book is aweful. The style of author, the translation, the metaphors, the so-called poetry... Why wopuld someone take a story, type it in a weird way and call it "poem" anyway? Take my advice and watch the movie. It's better

Suplimental_Unit
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I find this book amazing. This book is full of adventures, romance, and tragedy. I am a 9th grader in a high school In Los Angeles. I read this book in my english class and find it practically the best or one of the best pieces of literature that I have read. I think it is amazing how Odysseus encounters many different situations and is always some how finding a way to resolve them.