PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
02-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Wonderful review, my friend you know your litrature and psychology too. Keep up the good work.

Thompson
02-14-2005, 02:29 PM
I loved this book and totaly agree with the above quote, the odyssey is one ov the best books i've ever read. THIS TOTALLY ROCKS DUDE!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
03-17-2005, 11:47 AM
All of you ninnies know crap about this work, don't bother expostulating your self important babble, the web is cloged with your muddle already!

write
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
this is a story of a man's inner journey represented by an outer voyage and the events that challenge and force him to grow. Some of the monsters represent parts of him and some of the female monsters represent his fears and anxietys (particularly fears of women as discussed by Frued and other psychoanalysts). He is proud, he boasts and gets himself in trouble with the Cyclops, he becomes entwined in a love affair with Circe for a year where he indulges in pleasure and sex and drinking and forgets his reponsibilities and his wife who sits at home weeping for him while he has sex with another women. After this he can only get home by facing things in the underworld, facing his fear of women etc. This is an important book for men to understand on a deeper psychological and spiritual level what it means to be a man and how to grow up. The imagery and poetry is magnificent as well as the fact that it shows that divine forces work through other people and impact our life.