PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
12-19-2002, 02:00 AM
if you WANT to be nitpicky, go ahead! but you are missing the point of the person's comment!

Unregistered
02-06-2003, 02:00 AM
Pauline<br>lighten up!!!!!!!!! sum people can make mistakes

Teej
04-17-2003, 01:00 AM
I read this story as book and a poem and the book was like 2 times better. And trust me it is a book too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mad at u
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
Please keep your opinions to yourself it they are going to be tasteless and with out much help to the readers. This story or as you say, "poem" was written much longer ago so it is in a different style then we are accustomed to. Some people as yourself may not like the style it is in , but that doesn't mean it is a perfectly good book!

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
hello??! Knock, knock--Mcfly? Anybody home?? We know that it is an epic poem--that is the GENRE of literature. However, the epic poem called the Odyssey has been compiled into one large bound item called a BOOK!! Please take note of the definition of book (from Merriam-Webster online) and you will se that there is nothing wrong with calling the Odyssey a book:<br><br>Main Entry: 1book <br>Pronunciation: 'buk<br>Function: noun<br>Etymology: Middle English, from Old English bOc; akin to Old High German buoh book, Gothic boka letter<br>Date: before 12th century<br>1 a : a set of written sheets of skin or paper or tablets of wood or ivory b : a set of written, printed, or blank sheets bound together into a volume c : a long written or printed literary composition d : a major division of a treatise or literary work e : a record of a business's financial transactions or financial condition -- often used in plural <the books show a profit>

Pauline
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Okay... honestly I think you people are missing out on something... this ISN'T a book people... it is an epic poem... GET IT RIGHT! Otherwise I think it's well written...