PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

star writter
02-06-2003, 02:00 AM
you go girl I feel the same If I had to i read the book 100 X's (not really) i don't have alot of time on my hands but when i get the chance i like to read grecian stories in my spare time. They're sooooo fasinating. Please no wise cracks about my comments or I'll have to write a stongly worded comment back too you.

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
Great point, this also goes for the bible. people has their trust in god without knowing if he actualy exist.

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
I love the odyssey. One of my favorite stories. I think odysseus is so popular today because he has so much appeal- he holds, he symbolizes many of the values we cherish today, in modern times. We can sympathize with his determination to get home, to be with his family. We understand not wanting to be drawn into a far off war, one that doesn't really concern us. We value cleverness and intelligence. <br><br>It wasn't always this way. Odysseus went in and out of popularity, and I've read that in ancient greece, often, he was unpopular. Seen as cowardly Odysseus as opposed to wise and sympathetic odysseus.

Unregistered
05-16-2004, 01:00 AM
i think that this is very true. the odyssey is definatley a good book and people everywhere should read it and appreciate it.<br>

The Dying Fetus
02-05-2005, 09:07 PM
This book was not written by anyone for you information it was told for many years and suppoisly Homer wrote it, just to let you all know.

Unregistered
02-14-2005, 02:08 PM
I liked the oddsey because the hero wasnt a perfect being. It was the fact he was human. Being a human is very strange thing. You live, die, then live again and it goes on and on. Its never the same ride twice and it can get pretty scary. Homer did a great job on the odyssey. <br><br> <br> -Omega Alpha

Alex
03-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Hi you have a very good sense of feeling for this book, and thats good but i have never read the book in my life!

Julie
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
The Odyssey is a book which was written in a time when the people lived for myths and tall tales. They created mythological heroes so that they would have something to believe in when their lives went downhill. Look at their stories about the stars! They created the story of Odysseus so that they would have something to aspire to and to dream and talk about. In that regard, the Odyssey is a beautifully written book and definitely worth my time.