PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
05-16-2004, 01:00 AM
I think it is hard to read shakespeare for the first time, even if you are into romance and comedy. I suggest you be patient and persevere. If you do, it is likely that you will, at some point, start to appreciate this genius. When you get there, you won't need too much more to motivate you to continue reading him. Your reward and motivation will be the pleasure you draw from your deeper acquaintance with him and your initial troubles with reading him won't seem so bad.<br><br>Then again, you might read him for ever, never understand him and, therefore, never like the his stuff. I guess that is the risk you take. I think it is worth taking. Not much to lose if you do. If you gain, it will be great gains indeed.<br>

Unregistered
03-18-2005, 01:01 PM
I Had to read the Tempest for class and I found it to be difficult also I found that looking up any words in the dictionary that you may not understand and replacing the word with something you can understand helped me alot.

Unregistered
04-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Well, it is ritten in modern english, which can be very hard to follow. So what you are experiecing is perfectly normal.<br><br>Keep at it.

Unregistered
04-26-2005, 10:46 AM
You're not the only one. The language is difficult to understand...however if you take the time to translate the language then the play suddenly becomes understandable...speaking from experience ;-) Good Luck!x

Unregistered
05-03-2005, 11:14 AM
i found that buying study aid really helps and if u can try and see the play or rent the video-hope this helps

Confused reader
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I am 14 years old and am having to read "The Tempest" for my theatre arts class. I find it extremely hard to follow and understand. It may be because I am so young and just now experiencing writing like this or it may be I'm not too much into romance or comedy. I just want to know if anyone else had a hard time with the play or had to read it more than once.