PDA

View Full Version : Performing

Andrea
02-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Also working on the same monolouge! I really love this play but I lose respect for Helena for wanting Bertram so much when he so obviously doesn't deserve her. Ah well...tis the theatre.

Jetso
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Currently doing a monologue from the play. Act III, scene 2, to be exact. Helena's part at the end of the scene.... strange how this play is so overlooked. It's perhaps a little dark for a modern day audience, with Bentram so prejudiced against Helena and her methods of aquiring his love. As a comedy, it's hardly "they all lived happily ever after" style, but I still love it, despite it being quite different. And personally, I fancy this unrequited-love Helena than she of a Midsummer Night's Dream (see the parallels? Both in love with someone who doesn't love them and mananging to win their love in the end.)

evepandora
09-17-2009, 12:14 AM
I am working on this monologue as well! The reason I joined this forum is because I was hoping to get some help on understanding the text well. I suppose the one part of the monologue that I remain confused about is when she says "Shall I stay here to do't?" Could someone please help me understand what she's contemplating to do in France or abroad? Thank you!!

kelby_lake
09-23-2012, 10:01 AM
I think the play has faults- it goes on a bit and I find Paroles tiresome- however there are some nice parts.