PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
02-28-2003, 02:00 AM
figure it out youself, the point of an essay is to get you to think about it

Unregistered
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
Nice one. Essays are to do with your work and not everyone elses so as they say do it yourself. It is your work and if we help you then it wouldn't be your work then would it?

Becky
03-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey, I agree with your comment that Act 2 Scene 1 is comic relief from the rest of the play but I also think that underneath it there are serious issues. Pompey a seemingly dim character quite intelligently says that the only way the city could be cleaned up is if you castrate all the men. As long as there is sexual appetite there will always be brothals - it is human nature.<br><br>We can also see that Escalus' way around problems is a contrast to Angelo who hasn't even got time for Pompey and Elbow. Escalus listens to what they have to say and advises them to keep away from brothals. Also. instead of shouting at them he actually tries to make an effort to clean up the city by hiring more constables.

Anonymous
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I have to write an essay about measure for measure. I would greatly appreciate your input on the topic I have to write about. Act 2 Scene 1 is the scene in which Angelo and Escalus confront Elbow, Froth, and Pompey the Clown. Do you think Act 2 scene 1 merely supplies comic relief from the rather serious subject matter of the play? Or do you think that it underscores important traits some of the characters possess or lack? <br>