PDA

View Full Version : Maria

Unregistered
11-06-2002, 02:00 AM
Hey I just wanted to let you know that I played Maria my senior year in High school. It is really a great part. Although you do not have the biggest part, she is very important to the play. You get to set the whole plot. Just remember to have fun. This is a very funny character and give her some attitude. It was alot of fun because of the way I played her. Break a leg.

naomi
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
hi i'm playing maria as well in a college production - it's a very funny role but it's quite difficult to know what to do... <br>i think maria is very clever and actually warmhearted, but when it comes to malvolio she takes pleasure in making fun of him whenever she can. i think it's important to exagerate a bit when playing scenes with malvolio and as people said before just have fun!

Skylar
02-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Hey, I never played the character but I watched the play at my school. She may not be the lead part but, I saw her part and she looks like alot of fun...There may not be that much information on her but I can tell you this...Learn your lines carefully and don't break character!...I had done that once in a play and it haunted me forever...well not forever but a long time. I don't understand all of Shakespeares poetry but this is a great piece...I hope you do good!

Faith
05-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Hi! I'm going to be playing Maria in a college production of "The Twelfth Night" next month, and I was wondering if someone had either played this character or done some sort of analysis on her and could offer me some insight into the character. Since she's not one of the most significant leading characters (Viola, Orsino, Olivia, Sebastian), it's difficult for me to find things on her. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you can help, please email me at [email protected]. The email address is deliberately misspelled to discourage spam, so please change the "i" in "nite" to a "y" and you've got the correct address. Thanks!!