PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
02-14-2005, 02:13 PM
of course, when it was first produced the role of Rosalind would have been even trickier and therefore adding to the humour, as Rosalind in Shakespeares day would have been played by a young lad. Thus a young lad pretending to be a woman, pretending to be a man !!!!!

Unregistered
04-28-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm also playing Rosalind and yes, in her first 2 scenes she has to cover a lot of territory. I'm trying to keep in mind the following;<br><br>that she and celia enter in the middle of a discussion. so something just happened to remind Rosalind of her family situation.<br><br>Ros is in her Big Bad Uncle's domain, she has few lines which to me means she's socially limited in her expression. Celia is the one who gets to initiate twice the ideas of let's go talk to the young guy wrestling (orlando) [both before & after the wrestling. Ros doesn't get to exert power in Big Uncle's house. So there's an issue from the play's beginning. I'm trying to keep that idea going on inside me so that when Bid Bad Uncle kicks me (ros) out and I have to ask him why, the upset aspect is not totally foreign. This is my idea anyway, but we're still in rehearsal. Does this help at all? What are your thoughts on it. I'm open and searching :)<br><br>- just some other gal embracing the Rosalind role

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I have the priviledge to play Rosalind in my High School Play and let me tell you, she's an amazing, fun, challenging character to play. The transitions in the beginning are rather challenging for me, crying after I'm banished to being clever and witty about pretending to be a man. This is a great comedy!