PDA

View Full Version : Another one!

american_bad_angel1407
04-23-2003, 05:31 PM
Okay, I have about 5 minutes left that i can use to post another one of my SHORT poems!!..lol..

Spread your wings
Its time to fly
look ahead
wave goodbye
fly as high as you can
move your legs
move gracefully
it's time to dance
feel the sun upon your face
time to come out from the shadows
no more hiding
your free to fly
so spread your wings
Goodbye my child
I'm setting you free

Koa
04-23-2003, 07:28 PM
i dont have much time either...anyway, in a few words: it's simple, maybe even a bit too classical but it's good...

Hey you scared me with your first thing- your other things are much better! :) ;)

b
04-24-2003, 11:42 AM
Wow! This is good!

Though the feeling of this poem is well-known, I really liked to read your expression of it. You use methapores - cliché, but very well worked out - and musical themes to encourage the transmission of thought. The rhytm is very fast and happy, as are the metaphores you use. The theme is also expressing movement, so you did a really good job there!

This poem is something I didn't expect of you, after reading the first one. Of course you can improve it - by making the musical rhytm consistant. By reading the poem loud, you hear where you can improve it.

And again:

Good job.

american_bad_angel1407
04-24-2003, 05:16 PM
Thanks you guys! I'm literally turning read from getting all of these compliments. By the way, I am definately starting to become more open, I even let my homeroom 8th grade teacher read some of these on here. He was really proud of the compliments you guys gave me! I am starting to want to write even more! So thank you guys!!

american_bad_angel1407
04-24-2003, 05:23 PM
Sorry you guys! I was in a really big hurry and accidently put READ instead of RED!! :oops: :oops: :oops: Please forgive me!! :oops: :rolleyes:

Quickegreets
05-13-2003, 12:59 AM
Hey this is really good. It could also be taken, one of two ways.
1.) Some one entering their adult years.
2.) Or a Mothers thought when a child leaves home!

Room for thought.

My sister cheered, as it reminded her of her own kids leaving home one by one!

american_bad_angel1407
05-13-2003, 04:40 PM
well quick..let me inform you a little bit about myself..I am only 14 years old so I definetaly didn't write it because my children are leaving home...I wrote it because I didn't understand the process of maturing..Writing that poem helped me to accept the fact that I was entering adulthood..lol..thank you for the compliments! Tell your sister that I feel her pain..my mother is going through the "Empty Nest Syndrom"
A_ B_A
:rolleyes: :D 8) :P

peeru
05-16-2003, 08:06 PM
it was a nice poem,i like the meaning of it,when i read the 1st part i thoght it was someone talking to his beloved one. then when i reach the end i recognize i was wrong :rolleyes:
i like the idea of it coz i have older pro`s and sis`s and i saw it in my mom

american_bad_angel1407
05-20-2003, 05:05 PM
thanks peeru! I'm glad that you enjoyed my poem!
A_B_A!!