PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
10-23-2002, 01:00 AM
From the very start of the play you can already see how Beatrice likes Benedick, because of the fact that although she is insulting him, she still keeps talking about him, and in my eyes, thoughs that you do not like, you do not wish to talk to. I would say that Beatrice and Benedick were the two I liked the most because it was interesting how at first they were insulting each other but then they grew to love each other, where Hero and Claudio,they just hit it off straight away, and there wan't much build up with them, obviously apart from when Don John pretends Hero has had an affair, but gettin to the point, I think that comment was short but so right.

Lauren
12-19-2002, 02:00 AM
I'm just wondering, aren't you two being a bit narrow minded!! There is more to this play than what you are making out! "this play is beautiful because of Beatrice and Benedick" - you show no evidence of this whatsoever. I agree that this play is an absolute classic, and is one of my favourite Shakespears plays, however I see more to this play than what you do. What about how Margret is used - which in today's society isn't so uncommon for a woman to experience! Or what about Don Pedro, as truly admirable character. Don Pedro may be considered as one the most elusive characters in Much Ado About Nothing. He is the noblest character in the social hierarchy of the play and although Benedict and Claudio are his equal in wit, they must always defer to him as their positions depend on his favour. <br>As i have said, this play is brilliant, however so many of it's viewers/readers don't see the 'deeper' side to what this play is trying to communicate.

nina
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
Will you people please stop being so pretentious.<br>It is indeed a beautiful play because thats what people make of it. It is each individual persons opinion thats makes plays such as shakespear's what it is, So if someone chooses to appreciate Beatrice and Benedict and their entertaining road to love over a 'plain dealing villain' so let it be.

Shicklgruber
03-18-2005, 01:00 PM
I completely agree with Nina. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. No matter what you say Lauren, you aren't going to be able to change their opinion on what makes the play good or bad. It's not like they're right, and it's not like they're wrong.

Mary Ann
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
The play is so beautiful because of Beatrice and Benedick