PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
06-23-2004, 01:00 AM
SHAME ON YOU. If you are going to recite a speech from a play, especially one as famous as "The quality of mercy..." and epecially if it is written by the most famous playwright of all time and especially if you are attempting a medal in speech/drama, READ THE PLAY!!!!! There is nothing wrong with reading a synopsis as this as a supplement (or even getting the Cliffs Notes) but nothing, I repeat NOTHING, substitutes for reading the actual play. In this case, as stated by another comment, the synopsis has a number of discrepencies from the script. You should not ever pass off someone else's synopsis as your own. Please, Shakespeare is incredible writing. Take the time to try and read it, and I promise you'll be glad you did.

tinker*bell
04-15-2005, 11:25 AM
I too chose the Quality of Mercy speech for a resent report. The summary was very helpful. Good Luck!

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I am currently working towards a silver medal in speech and drama and chose to recite a piece from the Merchant of Venice (The quality of mercy...). When in the exam, one of the requirements is to provide the examiner with a synopsis of the play. The summary on this site helped me to assemble my own synopsis as I was able to read an already shortened version of the play. I found the summary very useful - thank you!