View Full Version : Phantom of the Opera

Admin
01-17-2002, 06:16 PM
Try this website:

http://www.geocities.com/Paris/5294/leroux.htm

They have some good info

diggitydoug
01-17-2002, 06:16 PM
Does anybody know about the strange affair of the phantom of the opera?

I would like to get more information about the facts presented in Gaston Leroux's Phantom of the Opera. I would also like to know wether Erik really existed or if his story was entirely fictional.

Any info would be appreciated, i.e. personal knowledge or websites.

thank you

Teen_Bookworm07
03-22-2006, 11:30 PM
hi, I'm new here but when I saw your post I just had to answer since I'm a lover of The Phantom of the Opera. I have read that in one of the books it informs the readers in the authors letter that once people had begun an investigtion-thing under the Opera house (L' Opera Garnier) they had found bodies of some of the crew members of the opera house and had also found a body near an underground lake, which if you read the book you'd know that was Raoul's brother Phillipe, and so when they found another body that they couldn't identify they were absolutly positive that it was the body of Erik, the "Opera Ghost". You see I asked the same questions manny times before to myself but could never really find the answers I wanted, so when I actually went through the whole book, from page to page, I had read the authors letter and then I just knew *sighs* but then again, I'm a hopless romantic :) and they didn't have a lot of out modern technology back then so yeah. But I really hope it was him.

Jess

sitearsiv
03-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Try this website:

geocities.com/Paris/5294/leroux.htm

They have some good infothanks you.:)

cateye515
04-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Does anybody know about the strange affair of the phantom of the opera?

I would like to get more information about the facts presented in Gaston Leroux's Phantom of the Opera. I would also like to know wether Erik really existed or if his story was entirely fictional.

Any info would be appreciated, i.e. personal knowledge or websites.

thank you

that's such a good question! i never even thought that it could have been! you should tell me what you find out :nod:

Ydfkdy
01-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Without a doubt Erik was real just as you and me.I do have to say the opera the movie and the love between christine and him are all lies.He had a family and a wife and his wife was not christine.Bodies found,HA if you only knew, the truth of a beautiful man gaston made out to be a beast.

Ydfkdy
01-28-2008, 05:02 PM
I would like to more more about this book and where i could get it and if it has beeeen translated into the english version.I know the first book about the phantom i ws looking for ws in french and i could not find it and still can't.i don't even remember how to spell it,but i can say it.

Ydfkdy
02-04-2008, 04:24 PM
So i checked out geocities.com/Paris/5294/leroux,and I got nothing but what I had allready known.What I am looking for is the book that is written in english not french on the investigations of the Opera Garenier/Paris Opera,how evere suits you.

Ydfkdy
02-04-2008, 04:27 PM
So i checked out geocities.com/Paris/5294/leroux,and I got nothing but what I had allready known.What I am looking for is the book that is written in english not french on the investigations of the Opera Garenier/Paris Opera,how evere suits you.Can someone help me find that book?

snowmoccasin
05-22-2008, 10:20 PM
If you read the back of the book, the author quite simply states he most defiantly believes in Erik. There are some people out there who think this is false, but I personally think it's true. i got the book at my local public library which amazingly had it considering it is the worst library I have ever set foot in. You might have good luck in yours, if not, I would try ebay or amazon, there were several in english there this week. The back of the book answers almost every question though :)

Phangirl7
03-08-2009, 12:29 PM
I think it's true, but then again, I've only read the book 10 million times, (ok, more like 6 or 7,) and every time I read the prolouge I get more and more convinced.
P.G.7.