PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Scarlet Nettle
07-31-2014, 06:27 AM
Well of late a growing concern over my melancholic, lonely and soul shattering past has put me under a thought process. Is this what I truly deserve? Am I going to cry over the spilled milk for the rest of my life? And most importantly, am I utterly, purely and perfectly useless? I haven't got the answers yet. So, for the moment I am a bit confused.

Besides the added confusion, I am a pretty lively person. Young, optimistic, funny and an avid reader... this is me! Going to start my undergraduate college soon, English major! Languages and literature are my life and soul. As Harper Lee has said and I quote , "Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.". I have recently stated learning Spanish, just to read the Spanish authors. It's a distant dream but we should never lose hope, right? And with these rays of hope and faith, let the journey begin!

Iain Sparrow
07-31-2014, 06:53 AM
Don't take life so hard... you've got your whole life ahead of you and plenty of time to sort things out.

“Real courage is when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.” ― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

Sido
07-31-2014, 11:48 AM
Hello and Welcome! :)

I think it's okay to be a bit confused in life. After all, how many of us truly know what we are really doing, or where we are headed?

As for your past, I know a dark/troubled past is a difficult thing to bear, especially if you are still getting over it. But if you give it time, you will start to feel better. This doesn't mean there won't be times when all the bad memories will come gushing thru, making you feel stuck and suffocated, but with time you'll learn how to handle that. Little by little things will clear up, and you will get stronger and start to feel a lot better :)

Also you are not useless. Nobody in this world is useless. Every person has something unique and important to offer the world. You simply don't know what that is yet. Don't worry yourself trying to find answers, they are within you and will come to you when you are ready, just the way you can see the bottom of a pond when the surface stops rippling.

When times get tough, simply remember that, stars can't shine without darkness ;)

Good luck with your studies, and don't forget to have fun! :smilewinkgrin: :seeya:

Scarlet Nettle
08-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Thank you both for you kind and motivational words and well wishes! They mean a lot to me.
And nice to meet you! :)