PDA

View Full Version : Too much info in one sentence???

tuboludo
07-02-2014, 01:56 AM
Okay, this is a tricky one. I want to share some certain info in this sentence. I like it the way it is, but I am worried that it both is too compact and at the same maybe too long with too much info. I don’t want to go into details since these info are has nothing to do with the story as such. When I try to break up the sentence I end up going in to too many details about the cinema I used to visit that summer, the 007 program etc.

What do you think of it?

“I had already seen You Only Live Twice countless times and I had been in love with the 007 character since I was 12 years old when I first watched all the 007 films in a local movie theater which that summer showed all the James bond movies that had been produced until 1977.”

Pumpkin337
07-02-2014, 03:34 AM
yes sorry that sentence is way too long.

“I had already seen "You Only Live Twice" countless times. I have been in love with 007 since I was 12 years old and watched all the movies released until 1977 when I saw them in a local theater that showed them all summer long."

If you absolutely have to have it all in one sentence you can make use of a hypen instead of the full stop.

“I had already seen "You Only Live Twice" countless times - I have been in love with 007 since I was 12 years old and watched all the movies released until 1977 when I saw them in a local theater that showed them all summer long."

tuboludo
07-02-2014, 05:36 AM
yes sorry that sentence is way too long.

“I had already seen "You Only Live Twice" countless times. I have been in love with 007 since I was 12 years old and watched all the movies released until 1977 when I saw them in a local theater that showed them all summer long."

If you absolutely have to have it all in one sentence you can make use of a hypen instead of the full stop.

“I had already seen "You Only Live Twice" countless times - I have been in love with 007 since I was 12 years old and watched all the movies released until 1977 when I saw them in a local theater that showed them all summer long."

Thanks Pumkin, but why did u change my second "had" with a "have" ????? Ahh, because I "still am in love", right???

Pumpkin337
07-02-2014, 06:17 AM
got it in one :D

actually coming back to the post I think I would leave out 1977 as well.

“I had already seen "You Only Live Twice" countless times - I have been in love with 007 since I was 12 years old and watched all the movies released until then when I saw them in a local theater that showed them all summer long."

or

“I had already seen "You Only Live Twice" countless times - I have been in love with 007 since 1977 and watched all the movies released until then when I saw them in a local theater that showed them all summer long."