PDA

View Full Version : An opinion about the play

saso
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I like this play so much but just one thing that I don't like. shakespeare ended the play with the expected ending the happy ending ,but I find that this end was due to katherine's fear from petruchio not out of love to him .She was forced to obey him , she wasn't the one who let her own independence out of love to petruchio. So I as a reader can imagine what would later happen, that she would burst out as she was just tamed not humanly treated. This is my opinion . I need yours.

Night Haunter
08-23-2005, 12:22 AM
I think she eventually came to respect him, and realise all that her shrewish behaviur achieved is to hurt the ones she cared for. she's not stupid and i think in time she will come to care for petruchio.

byquist
08-25-2005, 11:00 PM
This is an instance when two very explosive and powerful people meet. They are tailor-made for each other. Kate would not want a milktoast type of guy, but only a fierce and colorful guy who could match her own fiery lifestyle.

miss z
09-30-2005, 08:17 AM
yeah from what I am reading, it seems like kate and Petruchio are equals, at least in their strong personalities. But did he really love her? He said she was beautiful and desired her when he first approached her, but he is so worldly and jaded.... He proclaimed from the start that he was just marrying for money, no matter what the girl was like. He seems like a jerk to me.

Maida
04-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Kate and Petruchio do seem like equals, but I don't think it was fair that Kate was "tamed" while Petruchio continued to be a jerk.