PDA

View Full Version : Wondering

Tra-Chi
12-19-2002, 02:00 AM
Petruchio changes somewhat throughout the play. By the end, he and Katherine sort of tame eachother. I would recommend you watch the movie "Taming of the Shrew" with Elizabeth Taylor to help understand Petruchio's character.

12_year_Old_Shakespeare_Luvr
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
What are you doing trying to play the role without READING THE PLAY?!?! I suggest you just might want to read Shakespeare's actual writing before you jump headfirst into a role you know nothing about. Productions are fun to see, but what really helps you is a thorough understanding of your material.....productions teach you to copy an actors style, knowing what Shakespeare is saying and taking it from there forces you to create your own interpretation of the character!<br> --12_Year_Old_Shakespeare_Luvr<br>(And, yes, I'm actually 12)

STEVEN ZHAO
09-11-2003, 01:00 AM
MAN IF YOU ARE RELLY 12 YOU ARE A NERD, IM 16 AND I STILL DONT KNOW WHAT THE FULL MEANINGS OF HIS STORIES ARE.<br>.... AND BY THE WAY ... IT'S NOT COOL TO BE A NERD YOU FREAK

Unregistered
05-16-2004, 01:00 AM
First of all you should definetly read the story its very humorous and everyone brings personality and if u dont read the story your heart wont be in your interpretation of the taming of the shrew nevertheless as Petruchio. Well Petruchio is very self confident. Somewhere in the story he finds himself saying how he has the power to tame her and he'll do anything he wants w/ her(Kate). He marries her beyond her will and forces her not to eat, sleep and even speak at some point. He believes he can do anything he wants with her. And i believe that he has a syliliquey in chapter 1 and he is explaining how he will tame her and have her!<br>Just read it! Good luck! Its fun!

Unregistered
06-03-2004, 01:00 AM
I'm not a real fan of Shakespeare but I do know that he said his plays were meant to be SEEN and NOT READ. So my advice to Petruchio is to see a movie of the play, it doesn't do anyone any good to read something they don't understand and then end up doing poorly in the role...SEE IT!

emmmmmm
04-27-2005, 04:20 PM
i totally aggree with steven zhao...no one at the age of 12 would no so much about shakespeare i personally find him extremely boring and i dont know why we still have to learn about something that happened a vast number of years ago

Raven
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
In a school play, I must play Petruchio, can anyone tell me a little of what he is like? seeying as I am a female, I don't really know how to act. I have never seen the production so I am wading into deep water here...I was hoping for any help whatsoever. It would be appreciated.