PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with your opinion on this matter

tuboludo
05-17-2014, 05:28 AM
Here is another one that I am fighting with (this time with some more context)

Question is if the reader will understand my meaning with: (?)

“there was connected an electrical wire from underneath the backgammon game board directly to the brain”

He was sleeping like a baby, but as the dynamic of the game increased, these TACK noises when the old men were smashing their checkers on the wooden board, were slowly transforming into small painful blows with a hammer inside the brain of Dr. Shaft. The well stretched and well relaxed body suddenly began to twitch at the same rate as the rapid TACK, TACK sounds.
At first it was just tiny calm accidental twitches but eventually it became a whole vibrant synchrony as if there was connected an electrical wire from underneath the backgammon game board directly to the brain of Dr. Shaft with increasing electrical impulses. TACK, TACK, TACK, and finally the countless TACK, TACK, TACK’s had teased the wolf DNA in his reptile brain so much that he woke up.

RobbyA
05-20-2014, 12:00 PM
Yes, perfectly understandable to me. Looking at the sentence within the paragraph, I'd stick in a comma after Dr. Shaft, ie. before "with increasing electrical impulses".