PDA

View Full Version : The True Shrew

Cristy
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
After reading this play numerous times for both my English and theatre classes, I have noticed another shrew in the book. This shrew is Bianca. I truly admire her character because this girl is so intelligent. She knows the reason why she is wanted by everyone and why she is preferred by her father is because she is pretending to be nice. However, if you look at what she says carefully there have been plenty of occasions where what she she says is in no way submissive and she is actually ordering the men around. At the end, it is completely clear that she is in no way a follower of men. She just simply uses her sweet and innocent facade to get what she wants. Good job Bianca!

dasilvaa10
02-11-2010, 03:22 PM
After finishing the book, I came to the conclusion that Petruchio is the real shrew. He tries to act like a shrew to try and tame Katherine, but he does this with some cruel methods such as starving her and depriving her of sleep. Basically he treats her like any other piece of his property. At the end he then boasts about how he has her trained to the other men.

p_kelly10
02-11-2010, 03:39 PM
I agree that Bianca is the shrew because of how she uses everyone.