PDA

View Full Version : Read the Play!

Unregistered
02-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Right on, honey!

12_Year_Old_Shakespeare_Luvr
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
My goodness! While I dearly love this site and the freedom it gives Shakespeare enthusiasts and non-enthusiasts alike to speak their minds about his works, I am amazed at the lack of information that many persons who comment in these pages posess. Often, people judge Shakespeare's works based solely on overviews they have read, or takeoffs that they have seen. "Korunue," whose comments on "Taming of the Shrew" have been posted here, labels the play "harsh" and "degrading" towards women. Then she states that she hasn't seen it, but rather, has just read an overview of it! I would like to see more people giving informed opinions after actually reading one of Shakespeare's works. Nobody tells it like the man himself, and people should not expect an overview to give them the full story, as only the actual dialogue can do that. If people want their thoughts and opinions to be taken seriously, then they need to take time to take Shakespeare seriously. He is irreplaceable and no overview or timeline can tell his stories for him...... READ A PLAY, PEOPLE!!!!