PDA

View Full Version : shrewish..not so so

baz
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
............who thinks that petruchio is really cool? people think his character is so inconsistent. but i dont think this, my point, he is just intelligent, he knows what he wants and he gets it. this is what i will be writing about in my exam, which is tommorrow. if anyone objects, just e-mail me back on [email protected]. i would be helpful, but quick-timez got the exam tommorow morning!!!<br>i think the play is focusing on the process he uses to make kat like him, the taming thing is so silly, he addresses the people when he says this, not her, he is fooling the people-us, the Elizabethan audience, it's up to us how we see it. have we forgotten about the lord at the begining, remember it's about disguise, he uses a chauvinistic approach with the audience to make them think he's a bastard but really he is helping kat reveal her true nature, he lets her know, after she is willing to help trick the people into thinking that he has tamed her. in the end they have a laugh at everyone, together as equals.<br>Shakespeare actually makes the women the strongest in the end, has anyone thought that he was talking about women in th future being stronger and smarter, because he make Bianca and thwe widow better off, and Kat too. He does actually focus on the marriage being a happy one if the people are compatible, so people with scheming wives and dumb infatuated husbands, let go, shakespeare is talking to you. ''Breathe and hapily institute, from this course of learning and ingenious studies''.