PDA

View Full Version : ...ahhh Proteus!

Japhet
04-17-2003, 01:00 AM
Nice Comment!!

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
I think that the play, Two Gentlemen of Verona, was a very easy play to understand. I just love the part of Julia.<br>

Liza Mckay
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I just read a comment wherein the author submits that the character of Proteus lacks depth <br>demonstrated by his speedy recovery from a romancing of Sylvia. Let us remeber that (pardon the cliche) a play is merely the "blueprint" for the art of Theatre. Are there no men out there whimsically jaunting from romance to romance...pants to pants? Especially those with less years behind them. Consider Proteus a young, earnest (in his acknowlegement of his weaknesses) "player". He is the the boy we love to hate...full of charisma, energy and, yes...himself! The playwright allows us an imagination...there's the depth. <br><br> <br><br><br> Empathetically,<br> Liza

Laura J
07-29-2005, 09:20 AM
Am submitting a proposal to direct Two Gentleman with the York Shakespeare Project, and agree with the comment that Shakespeare hasn't written much depth into Proteus. However, this leaves a lot of room for artistic interpretation and if I can find a talented actor to play the part we should be able to demonstrate the fickle but not uncomplicated nature of adolescent infatuation. Proteus, I feel, is a generic male youth, which is somethimg I hope to use to make the play relevant to a modern audience.