PDA

View Full Version : Hello from France

Laurent
02-13-2014, 01:41 PM
Hello Everyone, my name is Laurent. I live in Saint-Etienne, a town not too far from Lyon. I came here to improve my English ! Not by boring you but mainly, in a firts time by reading your messages and asking you for advices in English literature ! I hope I will be understandable, do not hesitate to tell me if I'm making some mistakes. See you :)

The Atheist
02-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Better than my French!

Welcome along.

Paulclem
02-13-2014, 05:50 PM
I liked Lyon. I went on a trip there a few years ago. The Museum with all the Roman artefacts was brilliant.

Laurent
02-14-2014, 05:16 PM
Thank you for your welcome ! The atheist, I'll do my best to be clear in my messages, it will probably be with simple sentences, that's also why I come here, in order to be able to express myself in a more sophisticated way (without being boring I hope :)

Paulclem: I know this museum because I am a roman antiquity fan ! That's a must see in my area even if I prefer the museum of St Romain En Gal (département de la vienne), I also like roman mosaics and there are some wonderfuls there.

PurelyPlatonic
03-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Pourrai-je improver mon francais avec vous? Maintenant je suis un etudiant du francais, et vraiment je suis jaloux de vous! Est-ce qu'il y a des autres choses comme ca ou je peux parler en francais?

Jack of Hearts
03-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Bienvenue. J'espère que vous pouvez améliorer votre anglais ici.

J

hannah_arendt
03-04-2014, 05:18 AM
@ PurelyPlatonic, @ Jack of Hearts: we can always do exchange:) However we use here English. Welcome :)

hannah_arendt
03-04-2014, 05:19 AM
Hello Everyone, my name is Laurent. I live in Saint-Etienne, a town not too far from Lyon. I came here to improve my English ! Not by boring you but mainly, in a firts time by reading your messages and asking you for advices in English literature ! I hope I will be understandable, do not hesitate to tell me if I'm making some mistakes. See you :)

I am sure than you speak better English than I French:) Welcome and have a nice day :)

DieterM
03-04-2014, 07:28 AM
Welcome, Laurent. Don't be shy, there's no reason why you should be boring! By the way, there are quite a lot of non-native speakers here, which makes this forum all the more interesting! I'm one of them, born in Austria and living in Paris, France. So not quite, but almost a fellow frog ;-) Hope to read your inputs soon :-)

hannah_arendt
03-04-2014, 05:09 PM
I agree with Dieter. I learnt French at school and I would like to come back to it:)There people here from all over the world, so one more time welcome:)