PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

tiffany
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
macbeth truely seems a morally ambiguous character at the start to me. his desire to fufill his concepts of noble "chivalry" (in a sense when applied to a non-english man) give him a set of morals most would agree are "good." yet his accursed ambition hides in the back of his mind constantly tugs him towards his ultimate end: death. we never know if the Wyrd sisters are actual living characters throughout the book or if they are just hallucionations that manifest his ambition. the pulling of his mind to two different extremes, chivalrous morality and coniving treachery, eventually lead him to madness. <br>i also found it interesting that the three wyrd sisters were a trio, yet could not really be seperated one from the other. they act almost as a reverse trinity, symbolizing all that is chaotic, hateful, warmongering, and bloody in the form of a godhead. one could draw a similarity between them and the morrigan, and irish goddess who is not only three, but one as well.<br>alll in all, there is so much to interpret in this book, i'd better stop now