PDA

View Full Version : Macbeth

Richard Tawney
04-16-2003, 01:00 AM
I believe that your assumption of Macbeth as an "evil person who will do anything to get what he wants" is incorrect. His madness is the product of the supernatural occurances that plague him throughout the play. Truly he would not have killed king Duncan if it were not for his wife hearing of the witches prophecies. His wife therefore makes him lose his mind in a sense and he begins to see things and hear things, such as the daggers in the air. The character of Macbeth is altered as such to make him to look like an evil blood thirsty tyrant but truly he is not. His personality changes so fast that it is hard to tell his change from weak to strong without also noticing Lady Macbeth's change from strong to weak.

Lynda Tran
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
After reading the play of Shakespeare's Macbeth, I realized that Macbeth is an evil person who will do anything to get what he wants. He has no limit. It is a play full of tragedy and death which makes the play more interesting. This play has a lot of imagery in it since it is a play which can not be seen while reading this novel. In the beginning, I felt sympathy for Macbeth because he really wanted to become king and was forced to kill Duncan by his wife. But then as the story went on, I hated Macbeth because he was so evil and had no heart and was insensitive. Overall, I liked this play because it was full of turning points.