PDA

View Full Version : Macbeth

Mariya
05-16-2004, 01:00 AM
I don't really agree with you. Without the witches, the play would be boring, and not have a meaning.. That would be like making a kids book, without pictures.

lisa
03-20-2005, 06:40 PM
exactly what i thought at first and then i realized that because of human nature, we are natuarally greedy.<br>better question. why did the witches even tell macbeth of the prophecies if they knew that by telling him, they would be the start of a bloodbath? maybe they are the sadistic ones after all, not the "dead butcher and his fiend like queen" ?<br>hmm....

Unregistered
03-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Macbeth couldn't wait for destiny and fate to take it's toll, and give him the throne, for he had a vaulting ambition. Nor were the killings random. Macbeth killed Banquo and the Macduff's out of fear that they make take his throne, which goes to prove that security is mortals' chiefest enemy. Ultimately, Macbeth's insecurities paved the road to his downfall.

Jon Leckie
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I thought that Macbeth was a little strange. With witches and fortune tellings and all. The worst was all the random killings performed by Macbeth. What I don't understand is if the witches can tell the future why didn't he just sit back, relax, and wait for the fortunes to come true? then hw wouldn't of had such a guilty concience and every thing would be fine and dandy. if Macbeth wasn't so impatient he could of been king and all with out all the nonsence that he had to deal with. Macbeth's impatients was the down fall of him and his position on the throne.