PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Jessica
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
King Lear was a very interesting play. It was not as bloody as MacBeth, and more action packed than Hamlet. I think that it is not fair to the story to say that every one dies in the end, because that is not true. Kent, Gloucester (for all we know, he doesn't show up after Act 5, Scene 2), Albany, and Edgar are all alive at the end of the play, as opposed to Hamlet, where the only character alive at the end of the play is Horatio. <br>As for the themes of this play, I like the way that Shakespeare explores human nature, the nature of maddness, and the Elizabethan views of order. Reading this play gave me new insights to the relationships I am in (my family, my peers, and others) and how I communicate. I think that Shakespeare was exploring the ways in which communication is essential not only to healthy relationships, but for a healthy person in general, which takes us back to the Elizabethan views of order.<br>I would recommend this play to any one ready to take on a daunting trip through the human psyche and who is ready to explore the nature of relationships.<br>Thank you.