PDA

View Full Version : all u cheats!

ali
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
to anyone who has not had the pleasure of reading sir william shakespeare's greatest ever work on love, life and human nature and flaws, i suggest that you quit looking at synopsis' and read the actual play of Othello...it is fascinating. It perfectly captures the essence of passion and jealousy whilst remaining true to the poetic flow of shakespeares other works. It may be interpreted as a racial based play, but in my opinion, shakespeare was simply setting up the notion that Othello was an outsider, and could have been just a normal man with the same flaws in personality and the outcome would have been the same. the only reason why Othello was black was to set up an automatic barrier between the audience of the times and the character, showing the way for these racial differences to be broken down. <br><br>I think that all you people should read the play for yourself, take the time to examine it. it is not at all boring...on the contrary, it is exciting and dramatic, compelling reading, that has the ability to change your life...