PDA

View Full Version : Monologue

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
if you want a more accurate movie, watch the branagh one, it's pretty long, but it's pretty much word for word, and branaghs performance is very good, Gibson's put me to sleep.

Unregistered
The Branagh Hamlet is by far the better of the two mentioned. Although one must not forget the Olivier one. This is more a film of Hamlet being performed as Olivier's performance is most definately a stage performance. Branagh's is perhaps more suited to the silver screen.

Cam
There is also one starring Ethan Hawke. I hated it, but it's interesting. Also, of course, there's the lion king

Unregistered
05-16-2004, 01:00 AM
There is a movie that came out in 2000 with Ethan Hawke. It is rated R for violence. They use Shakespearean language but they have guns. I did not like that but I did like it when Gertrude looked like she knew there was poison in the wine. I watched it in drama but I did not like it as much as Branagh. That is a great movie!<br>

Ivan
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I just wanted to know if there are any movies of William Shakespeare's Hamlet. I have been looking everywhere but I can't find it.

<b>Our Response:</b> There were two in recent times. One starred Mel Gibson and was directed by Franco Zeffirelli, the other was done by Kenneth Branagh. The Zeffirelli one is more historically accurate in it's setting, the Branagh one is generally considered to be better (not by me).