PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
the reason why brutus killed himself wasn't just because he regretted his involvement in killing caesar , it was also important for him to avoid embarassment , he didn't want to be defeated , SOO they both'd rather commit suicide instead of being defeated or killed by the enemy .

Unregistered
03-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Cassius killed himself because he didn't want to be braught back to Rome in chains since he thought they had lost the battle. I really like Brutus for his honour and I think he killed himself because he saw that they were going to loose the battle so he knew there was no reason for him to stay alive because he had killed Caesar for the good of Rome and now the Romans were fighting against him.

Unregistered
03-17-2005, 06:57 PM
I agree that Brutus was committing suicide by killing Caesar because Caesar was a true friend of Brutus. But Cassius committed suicide because everything will eventually turn on Cassius and someone may kill him as a result of his actions.

Battousai
03-21-2005, 06:48 PM
The reason why Brutus killed himself is because he was being haunted by Julius Caesar. He actually did love him while on the other hand his wife committed suicide because he went to Phillipi and thus leaving him no one because he finds Cassius has been killed and yes he doesn't want to be defeated by another army so he commits suicide by asking one of his own men to hold out a sword and he runs into it.

Jonathan
04-27-2005, 10:45 AM
It is important to remember that Brutus considered himself a Roman who was loyal to the Republic of Rome not the Empire which actually did not exist at the time. By his betrayal and consequent slaying of his FRIEND, Julius Caesar, Brutus truly believed he was helping to save his beloved Rome from Imperialism. Those who are interested in that transitional time that Rome changed from a Republic to the Empire that we think of today should read Caesar's Gallic Commentaries and The writings of Marcus Tullius Cicero.<br><br>

Dani
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I can understand it when someone says that Brutus committed suicide because he had killed Caesar, but I can't see why anyone would say Cassius committed suicide over his part in murdering Caesar. Brutus actually did care for Caesar as a friend, but Cassius didn't. So, where does that come from??