PDA

View Full Version : Romeo and Juliet

MeLanCh0list
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I have always felt that this play is the best play written by William Shakespeare. The first half of the story is more interesting than the second half as the second half consists of the dull sword-fighting present in most of plays. The play started off with a fight between servents of the Montages and the Capulets which aroused an uproarious commotion. I find it rather silly and hilarious about the Montagues' and Capulets' all-time antagonism. Why can't they ignore each other and get on with their daily life instead of being at loggerheads with each other? The poignance and melancholy is really good and it is also very eccentric and enigmatic about Romeo's fate(Meeting someone{Juliet} whom he fell in love at first sight and relinquish his crush on Rosaline even though the reason he attended the party was to see Rosaline) and his volatile decision that Juliet is the one he likes and not Rosaline and wants to be with her but he also cursed the very night in which he met her. One more thing eccentric is the premonition of death Romeo had before he actually entered the party. It is as if he is psychic! One thing I like most about the play is the devotion of the two star-crossed melancholists. Their love is very strong.