PDA

View Full Version : Close the Doors to Weakness, Open the Doors to Gain Strength.

YALASH
06-13-2013, 04:04 AM
Peace be on you. Two hindrances prevent someone to accept the truth, as one humbly understands:

1- The pressure from rulers, relatives, or friends who do not accept the truth due to inability to understand it, or because of bias or selfishness and also they do not let others to accept the truth.

2- Previous habits or rust of sins cause hardness in hearts and courage is lost.

There are two solutions to these two problems, mentioned in Holy Quran:

“And seek help (from God) with patience and Prayer; and this certainly is difficult except for the humble ones ---- Who know for sure that they shall meet their Lord, and that to Him shall they return.” (Ref: Chapter 2 : Verses 46 and 47)

Thus, disregard the persecution with the good habit of patience and clean the hearts so that truth is accepted. Here is another lesson i.e. to correct something, there are two modes of actions: First, protection of self from external evil effects. Second, to increase the internal power……Thus patience will save from external effects and Prayer will absorb God’s blessings for success. Doors to weakness will be closed and doors to gain strength by Prayers will be opened.

The word ‘sabr’ is used in the verse means: not accepting effects of evil thoughts -- enduring pain with dignity and without outcry -- to remain pleased with the Will of God -- to maintain and uphold loyalty for God -- to only remain connected to God; only relying on Him, being steadfast on His teachings.

The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) showed all forms of ‘sabr’ and continued to pray and asked the followers to do so. When he brought message of Unity of God and rights of God’s creation, various mafias resisted as they thrived on brutality but they collapsed against his ‘sabr’/pateince and Prayers.

Is practicing this sabr / patience and Prayer so easy?
Holy Quran explains in above verses: ‘and this certainly is difficult except for the humble ones’. These humble ones are those who believe that one day they will meet God when they return to Him. For them worldly life is part of lengthy life. The soul transfers to next life. Spiritually Weak (sinners) will be cured there and eventually purified, then they will be put on path of progress. All virtuous will continue to progress.

‘and that to Him shall they return’ also means that they turn to God for help to practice patience and Prayer. God has already helped them by raising example of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) : ‘If you love Allah, follow me: (then) will Allah love you and forgive you your faults. And Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.’ (ch 3: v32)

References and help from: Holy Quran's explanations by Ahmadiyya Khalifs.

cafolini
06-13-2013, 11:52 AM
The obstacle in your definitions is that they are strictly religious. They do not handle atheism. They cause an atheist to feel you are repulsive and I cannot under any circumstaces totally disagree with them about this. You are totally against science and do not accept its value where it matters. So you cannot go beyond, into the mystery of life.
I don't think atheists would (some could but don't count) refuse to accept the mystery if it weren't for people lile you. When I speak to an atheist, I drop the mystery ball on his lap. You just drop more and more BS.

cacian
06-14-2013, 05:55 AM
I feel having a door is a already an opponent to anything. Let's not have doors just ideas. One is allowed weaknesses because that is what makes one human. A weakness is not necessarily a bad thing. We are not superman and therefore to be a human one must weak in order to strength.
Do they say somewhere the opposite attracts if so weak attracts strong and vice versa.

about this verse:

‘and that to Him shall they return’ also means that they turn to God for help to practice patience and Prayer. God has already helped them by raising example of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) : ‘If you love Allah, follow me: (then) will Allah love you and forgive you your faults. And Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.’ (ch 3: v32)

with due respect to your religion I must conquer one cannot follow another without having met them or even spoken to them.
following someone is just replication something blindly and not understanding what is actually required of someone to do.
one must use their intelligence to work out what they need to do in order to achieve in their lives something they get to be proud of.
a culture that rely of following someone one has not even met is what drives others such as terrorists to commit crime in behalf of religion. I think one must be careful about throwing themselves blindly to a religious script they do not know enough about it. Love is between humans and only humans. I cannot love a god I have never met. I love my family yes and I like my friends an generally people and it stops there.
The other thing is this idea of ''forgiveness'' it is almost like saying we are all bad people and sinners which we are not.
one takes life for granted and yet god is not how does that compare?
forgiveness from a god sounds and comes across as pitiful and lecturing and to rely on it to conduct a life is delusional and does not achieve a life of prosperity in a long run. It feels like religion is a vendetta and we must obey to it or else. whilst monks/priest/followers/ are sitting reading their prayers all day long there an outside world that is striken with tragedies. I am sure a good god would want us to get out there and do something about it instead following him/her. a religion of proactivity is what is needed.
one must be proactive in doing things in order to change lives for the better. this idea that one must pray all day long is not proactive and intelligent in my opinion. there is a lot to be done in terms of human progress and to bury one's head in a religious script and await forgiveness does not show human progress.

YALASH
06-20-2013, 11:56 AM
The obstacle in your definitions is that they are strictly religious. They do not handle atheism.

Peace be on you.....It is Religious Text Forum.

You are totally against science and do not accept its value where it matters. So you cannot go beyond, into the mystery of life.

“In the creation of the heavens and the earth and in the alternation of the night and the day there are indeed Signs for people of understanding.---- Those who remember Allah while standing, sitting and (lying) on their sides and ponder over the creation of the heavens and the earth: ‘Our Lord, Thou hast not created this in vain; (nay) Holy art Thou; save us, then, from the punishment of the Fire.” [Holy Quran, ch 3 : v 191-192]

“……..O my Lord, increase me in knowledge.” [Holy Quran, ch 20 : v 115 partly]

For Ahmadiyya Muslims: Science is work of God, Quran is word of God. There is no conflict.

...mystery of life.....

There is no mystery in life. After guided evolution and creation process, human is evolved. They have purpose. At every step when there were numerous chances, only specific route was continued in evolution; we call it by Hand of God. [Plz check “ Revelation Rationality, Knowledge and Truth ” available online, printed in UK. For dear atheists, there is much to read.]

Thanks.

================================================== ==========================

I feel having a door is a already an opponent to anything. Let's not have doors just ideas.

Peace be on you.....The word door in used in sense that behind a door there is huge system. You may call it ideas.

One is allowed weaknesses because that is what makes one human. A weakness is not necessarily a bad thing. We are not superman and therefore to be a human one must weak in order to strength.
Do they say somewhere the opposite attracts if so weak attracts strong and vice versa.

In a healthy system, one make self notes of weaknesses and try to gain strength otherwise one collapses. In religion one seeks God’s help and does effort.

....with due respect to your religion I must conquer one cannot follow another without having met them or even spoken to them.
following someone is just replication something blindly and not understanding what is actually required of someone to do.
one must use their intelligence to work out what they need to do in order to achieve in their lives something they get to be proud of.

Rules and regulation of a country under a command does not end one’s individual life. Rather they tell the resident about the safe limits. Likewise, Quran asks it followers to evolve a life within certain parameters. It asks to think, ponder and grow and glow.

One can read or meet adherents of a specific religion or sect (in this case Ahmadiyya Muslims; currently London is their practical base; one can read Holy Quran and books in book section in alislamDOTorg).

..a culture that rely of following someone one has not even met is what drives others such as terrorists to commit crime in behalf of religion. I think one must be careful about throwing themselves blindly to a religious script they do not know enough about it.

Once Islamic culture was leading the world in knowledge. Muslims had many services in science in past......... Today terrorists are being born. Scripture is not to be blamed. Mostly it is due to unjust, politics and abuse……(Again, for example, why terrorists are not being born in worldwide Ahamdiyya Muslims under Khilafat who read and follow same Quran. Instead, pious scholars like Chief Justice of International court of Justice Hague Muhammad Zafrullah Khan, Nobel Laureate physicist Prof. Abdus Salam and others are being born in Ahmadiyya Community; they both were well known followers of Holy Quran.

Love is between humans and only humans. I cannot love a god I have never met. I love my family yes and I like my friends an generally people and it stops there.

My humble understanding: What is created, is deeply loved. Human parents, animals, they all love their children. What we make, we love it. God makes everything, God love it. God has bestowed in human reflection of His attributes, which shines when human moves upward in purity and stop itself from free fall. All Prophet were pious people, teaching of God was revealed to them. All of them taught how to ignite the already-present-in hearts-love toward God. It is by remembering God and doing good works. This love of God creates true love for human and other creature.

The other thing is this idea of ''forgiveness'' it is almost like saying we are all bad people and sinners which we are not.

One attribute of God is al Rahman (The Gracious, The One Who grants bounties without asking) and al Raheem (The One Who repeats His mercy and grants reward to true efforts)...... For example, people do not use their capacities properly, that is a sin against self and against God. Parents raise children with effort, when children grow, some of them abandon old parents. Sometimes parents do not take care of children well. Marriage unit is breaking down due to two ways suspicions. Naturally mismatching relations are growing. Single parents are there. Birth rate is going low. Wider is getting the difference between rich and poor. Huge corruptions on highest scales etc, much resources were lost in thin air in making toys called missiles, yet for housing, for health care funds are not enough. --- all on the name of freedom.

Then there are those clergies, who are expert in corruption on the name of God. They are front men of arms dealers. They provoke masses against West, chant slogans, burn national properties, brain wash children who self explode and kill innocents. Basic stuff is short in their areas and so on…………. There is corruption from top to end and much --- all on the name of God.

East or West, there is no rest. Peace is in pieces -- glue it again.

Surely, human needs blessings of God, some cover, some strength by God to act good. To seek that strength is called ‘istighfar’ roughly translated as ‘forgiveness’, the real meaning are to seek cover and to gain strength. That is philosophy of forgiveness.

a religion of proactivity is what is needed.
one must be proactive in doing things in order to change lives for the better. this idea that one must pray all day long is not proactive and intelligent in my opinion. there is a lot to be done in terms of human progress and to bury one's head in a religious script and await forgiveness does not show human progress.

Worship does not mean 24 hour Prayers or reading scripture. All times hearty remembrance of God and good works for all humanity both are commanded. Some self accountability and corrections are needed too along with divine blessings.

Ahmadiyya Muslims under Khilafat stands for peaceful reforms, as promised by the Founder of Islam (peace and blessings of Allah be on him).

Thanks.