PDA

View Full Version : and also...

The_EdiToR
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
how can u say that juliet is acting like a slut when in today's time, women will have sex with random people of the street?<br><br>

MonkeyGuru
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
Im sick and tired of arrogant women like u!! They always have to take every thing so personaly. <br>First, of all if u knew ne thing at all about this story, u ignorant lil pro-feminist gurl, u would not think of he as a slut, for if she was a slut, she would of not turned down paris.<br>Second, of all if ne one was being degraded it was males, with how romeo became immaturely obsessed with roseline. And how even though she showed no intrest in him he still would not look for someone else.<br>Third, romeo risked his life by sneaking past capulets(him being a montague), to see juliet again. And then woos her with words that came from his heart. And u call juliet a slut for letting him kiss her. Ne gurl would be crazy to turn down a guy that did nething like that. and its not like she gave herself to him.<br>Lastly, this was written 500 years ago, back then juliet would of been considered a saint, because she went against the ideals of society at that time. It was highly unusal for a woman to choose who they wanted to marry, for women then married who ever there fathers chose for them. Juliet choose the man who she loved instead of waiting for father to choose.<br>So, next time u decide to make such a unintelligent comment...Dont!<br>MoNkEy GuRu<br>()( ' _ ' )()

Unregistered
02-14-2005, 02:10 PM
jeez monkey arent ur being too harsh to a lil girl?...or however old she is.<br><br><br>GRRRR???<br><br><br><br> t('.'t)

kylie
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
"ok well personally i would have to say that the play romeo and juliet can be somewhat degrading to women and girls every where. i mean we dont fall in love after a breif meeting. also, unless you are a slut, you do not let guys or men touch you when you have never met them before in your life. i have a problem with this. but otherwise, the play is ok, other than the fact that it is a sappy play." <br>I most definitly have to agree with Taylor. I once performed in a production of Romeo and Juliet. I was Juliet, and I felt extremely stupid! The character Juliet is just so focused and bewildered on Romeo's good looks. It was actually very demeaning to me, playing such a dumb, love-struck girl. Juliet is "almost but 14" and she thinks that she is in love? After less than 12 hours of knowing Romeo, she loves him. And in the play, it is about 5 minutes that they see eachother before they marry in secret. God help us women not to be like Juliet!! xoxo, kylie