PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

G. livermore
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
titus andronicus is all about the cause and effect of our actions within everyday life. though you are unaware of the consequences you still act upon your beliefs, and as titus found out this can lead to some exceedingly violent and brutal consequences, how was he to known that tamora would become the enfactuation of his emperor! this is the most amazing piece of literature that i have read in a long time, i have performed the part of titus in a number of different styles and no matter how many times i perform this i never get tired of it, it has fascinated me for ages and will continue to do so!!! <br><br>"Hark, wretches! how I mean to martyr you.<br>This one hand yet is left to cut your throats,<br>Whilst that Lavinia 'tween her stumps doth hold<br>The basin that receives your guilty blood.<br>You know your mother means to feast with me,<br>And calls herself Revenge, and thinks me mad:<br>Hark, villains! I will grind your bones to dust<br>And with your blood and it I'll make a paste,<br>And of the paste a coffin I will rear<br>And make two pasties of your shameful heads,<br>And bid that strumpet, your unhallow'd dam,<br>Like to the earth swallow her own increase.<br>This is the feast that I have bid her to,<br>And this the banquet she shall surfeit on;<br>For worse than Philomel you used my daughter,<br>And worse than Progne I will be revenged:<br>And now prepare your throats." <br><br>