PDA

View Full Version : Must read

Alicia
03-21-2005, 07:00 PM
I read this book for the past couple months for my 11th grade accelerated english class and I thought it would be a dull book but I thouroughly enjoyed reading it. I didn't want it to end, I just wanted to keep reading it. I would reccomend anyone reading this book. The only bad part about me reading it was that I had to make a dialectical journal about it so I had to stop reading and journal it, and it was a little slow in the beginning but picked up rather quickly.

student
03-23-2005, 10:21 PM
Hi!,<br>I cannot believe you have just started reading this at school in 11th grade! I am 12(in the 7th grade)and we are having to read this for our end of year exams.

Babz
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I have recently read Oliver Twist, as it was part of our curriculum for the eleventh grade. and i must say it is a beauty. It is one of the best novels i haev ever read. it has all the themes that is to be expected of a great nineteenth century novel, grinding poverty, crime and that of social structure. it is really a fabolous novel, a must read ten out of ten novel.

RJbibliophil
06-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Many eleventh graders study British Literature and Oliver Twist can be part of their course. I didn't read it for school. I enjoyed and found it captivated me from the first. It was especially intriguing because I had a vague idea of the plot , but didn't actually know how it ended.

C. Earnshaw
06-16-2007, 07:57 AM
I've read Oliver Twist some years ago, and liked it a lot. both the plot and the characters were well-done, even if poor Dickens, when pubblished the chapters on the journals, had to adapt the novel according the taste of the pubblic. long but nice to read.