PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
First of all Louisa is only about 16 yrs old and to be kissed and liked by an older man around in his 30's , well I think you see my point. Mr. Gradgrind isLouisa and Thomas's father. Facts will always be a big part in novels.

sara
03-17-2005, 06:57 PM
louisa's sixteen! in the film she looks around 9 10 and i thought that mr bounderby was a peodophile. the film is sooo complicated and misleading.

Unregistered
04-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Actually in the movie of hard times, bounderby is supposed to be in his 50's not 30's so its even more gross!!!

shelley
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Im currently reading Hard Times and finding it difficult to understand what the point is of some of the characters, I found that the majority of these complements (above) are following the novel but I dont seem t like the novel infact I find it highly boring but with no choice but to read it I have to follow it. Im finding the story hard to follow and with me being on Chapter 14 you'd think I would have got the jist of the story but I cant get my head around half of the characters and with their being so many questions I thinks they will be too many to answer, Ill add a few in here and see if any of you could help me,why at the start of the story was there continuous children involved and is now based on Stephen, his drunken wife and Rachael? Who's Louisa and Thomas' dad? Why was Louisa so disgusted when she was kissed on the cheek? and one more Why are facts such a big part throughout the novel?