PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
03-03-2003, 02:00 AM
I guess it was hard for you to understand! It's honors material! Are you sure you understand it? It's themes are based upon the economic theories of the day? I suggest you do a little research.

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
I am also in the 8th grade and read Hard Times for a book report. His themes, yes, are a little hard to understand at times especially in feelings and relationships that Dickens chooses to put in his writings. Some of his themes are based upon economical theories others can be hard to understand but isn't that what Dickens is all about ?

Scott
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
You are doing very well to understand it! Im doing a degree in England and this is the first time i have had chance to read it. I have to write an essay about the social problems Dickens portrays in this novel! Now that is scary!! Well Done again!

Anonymous
04-27-2005, 04:20 PM
I am doing a summer reading project for my highschool honors english class and i have to relate this story to the one of The Strange Case of Dr. Jekell and Mr. Hyde. I am to argue the fact that; To Play God is Folly.Now I am only half way through Hard Times and i am haveing trouble even relating the books let alone proving my thesis. I dont understand much of of what i am reading. I dont belive though just because this is honors material that a non honors student could not understand the book. Because i am a honors student and i have troubles understanding the backround of the book. I know about these times and what they are like and really it isnt helping me one bit. I think it is great that you even picked this book up because i am beig forced to read itt and it is no light reading!

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I am only in grade eight and reading Hard Times. I must say that the english is completly hard for me to understand but through it all, Dickens has done it again. Hard Times is a good book, I think.