PDA

View Full Version : What TiME is it now? Poetry contest

qimissung
10-19-2012, 12:02 PM
It's time for a new poetry contest! This one will have as it's theme TiME in all its permutations and variations. Go crazy with it. Be spooky and surreal. Flash forward! Look backward! or stand still. But whatever you do, write-in a timely fashion, of course. You have three weeks.

So the guidelines are:

PM me (qimissung) with your original poem. DO NOT post it elsewhere or reveal that you are the author. To do so is an automatic disqualification. When the poems have all been submitted I'll post them here, with a poll for voting. Only the winner's name will be revealed. The other entrants are then free to post their poem elsewhere in the forum..

Did I forget anything? :D

cacian
10-19-2012, 12:48 PM
qimissung thank you for this new contest.
I look forward to participating.
The theme is perfect timing too :biggrin5:

DocHeart
10-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Hello qimissung,

Thanks for this. Apologies -- not having participated in one of your contests before, I'd like to ask where I can find more details regarding process / rules.

Thanks in advance :)

qimissung
10-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Hi, Cacian! I look forward to you participating, too!

I added some information, DocHeart. If I haven't addressed any questions you might have, ask away. Glad you're thinking of participating!

DocHeart
10-23-2012, 04:43 AM
Thanks, qimi! :)

Maximilianus
11-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Is this contest still open, qimi? I had intended to participate but haven't gotten around to writing anything due to exams at college and what not http://smiles.kolobok.us/artists/laie/Laie_76C.gif

qimissung
11-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Yes, I'm going to keep it open til after Thanksgiving. Will that be OK?

Maximilianus
11-16-2012, 01:54 AM
It hopefully will. Thanks qimi! http://smiles.kolobok.us/artists/laie/LaieA_059.gif

Varenne Rodin
11-16-2012, 02:18 AM
I'll throw my hat in to this. :)

Maximilianus
11-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Then I hope you win, Var :)

Varenne Rodin
11-16-2012, 04:34 AM
Then I hope you win, Var :)

Thank you, Max. I hope YOU win. :D

qimissung
11-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Haha. You are ALL winners. I know the contest has been open for longer than I initially said, but there are always some people at the end the I am always glad to include. At this point I will close the contest on November 24 at the U.S. Central Standard time of 10 p.m. which actually makes it about 4 a.m. Greenwich time of November 25th, I think.

I know I'm very casual about deadlines, but I like to give people as much time as I can, and once it's closed, it's closed. Also, I will sticky the poll.

There's been a very good turnout this time! I didn't even have to go around and ask people.

Maximilianus
11-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Thank you, Max. I hope YOU win. :D
http://smiles.kolobok.us/standart/friends.gif

Haha. You are ALL winners. I know the contest has been open for longer than I initially said, but there are always some people at the end the I am always glad to include. At this point I will close the contest on November 24 at the U.S. Central Standard time of 10 p.m. which actually makes it about 4 a.m. Greenwich time of November 25th, I think.
Yeah, the timing is correct, and it's 1 a.m. my country's time of November 25th :)

There's been a very good turnout this time! I didn't even have to go around and ask people.
Pretty good news! :)

qimissung
11-26-2012, 01:15 AM
All right! This contest is now closed. I'll have the poll up in just a bit. :)

Maximilianus
11-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Once again, I didn't make it on time. I had written two pieces, of which neither is completely satisfactory to my humble taste. I guess I'll have to put more work in them and wait for the following contest. I hope a beautiful poem wins :)