PDA

View Full Version : amory is paradise

Unregistered
10-23-2002, 01:00 AM
I really enjoyed your comment. I find your words refreshing to think that young people still embrace this thoughtful man. If you like Fitzgerald try reading Ayn Rand.

Anthony
11-06-2002, 02:00 AM
Loved your comments on "this side of paradise", no you are no the only one who thinks that it's in fact better than "the great gatsby" although I must say it's a close finish. Anyways could you please elaborate a bit more? I'm writting an essay on the book so I'd be thankful if you could help me out. One Fitzgerlad fan to another. <br><br>Best Regards, <br> Anthony AndersÚn<br>[email protected]

Unregistered
11-23-2002, 02:00 AM
definitely try ayn rand out - Anthem would be a good book to start with.

Joe Young
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
I think your comment was pretty insightful for a high school sophomore. I loved This Side of Paradise, too!

Pompeii
06-03-2004, 01:00 AM
I think that Fitzgerald is a great writer he is very descriptive. I have read both "The Great Gatsby" and "This Side of Paradise" I enjoyed both very much. I'm doing a research paper on the twenties and both books capture the era of the roaring twenties. But "This Side of Paradise" really focuses on how the youth has changed. Before young people were not required to go to High school they stayed home with their parents and grew up as respectable young adults. But in the twenties that changed young people started going to High school were they spent more time with their friends than their family they soon started looking toward their friends for advice instead of their parents. This changed caused major rebellion in young people which is still around today but it's worse. I think "This Side of Paradise really portrays the changes the young people were going through at this time which America is founded on.

melissa
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
This is my lovely, humble opinion, that This Side of Paradise is a great literary work. Amory was the perfectly constructed bundle of contradictions. He was a bit on the shallow, narcissistic side, but insecure nevertheless. He made superficiality appealing to me. Egotism makes a comeback! Amory was arrogant, but it was at least bound to his intelligence. Somewhat.<br> You have to give him leeway for his erratic emotional state. He had various love losses that led to drinking. Because we all know that alcohol cures everything (note the sarcasm, please).<br> I'm likely to be the only person to think this was better than The Great Gatsby, which I had to write a book report/analysis thing on for my A.P. History class. Fun(again:the sarcasm.)<br> To sum it up, as I tend to babble, This Side of Paradise was amazing, I love Amory, he's awsome. Great plot, and has anyone seen the movie? If so, is it good?<br><br>p.s. if this seems stupid, immature, or just terrible, please take into acount that i'm a high school sophmore. thank you.<br>