PDA

View Full Version : the bible

sandy
05-21-2003, 01:00 AM
I too am doing a seminar paper on the subject, you need to read the bible passages inorder to understand the story. Milton being a Christian throughout his adult life as well as his childhood is trying to portray the biblical story from the old testament in New Testament words. What i mean is often he reflects back to Christianity as if it always meant to come about. example: Satan and Hell are both Christian ideas that Milton in paradise lost finds a place for - Jewish people do not believe in Hell or Satan - they believe in free will which brought to the down fall of the earth and innocence.<br>I know you wrote that it is forbidden to read the Bible in your country but why do they teach Miltons Paradise Lost which is the story of Creation? or is it forbidden also? just wondering ...

yousef zreagat
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I think that john milton was realy influanced by the bible.his religous life in his chilhood led to this result.<br> iam writting my master thesis about this topic.i cliam it is the first in the arab world as the old testement is a taboo to study in this part of the world.<br> hoping to get some help for this topic