PDA

View Full Version : October '12 Elimination

Scheherazade
10-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Please vote for the story you like best.

DocHeart
10-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Pity there were only two to choose from. But there you have it.

DH

mona amon
10-03-2012, 09:41 AM
I voted. :)

cacian
10-04-2012, 12:05 PM
I voted.
I have to say I keep missing these contests.
Is there another one coming up?

Scheherazade
10-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Not until 2013.

Scheherazade
10-08-2012, 07:09 AM
This is nerve-wrackingly close.

We need more votes!

Gilliatt Gurgle
10-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks to both for your efforts.

Sancho
10-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Sancho Voted!
http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/mollyandbruno/Gonzo_zps0c6bff0a.jpg
By the way, tough choice this time. Really really tough choice.

Scheherazade
10-14-2012, 08:05 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8DsV-DTNmOM/TERCFPS6w1I/AAAAAAAAAIQ/VkVK451LJq0/s400/E200603-MaltesersBucket.gif

Thank you, everyone! There is a tie still...

*sigh*

Snowqueen
10-16-2012, 03:52 AM
I voted!

Captain Pike
10-21-2012, 10:21 PM
I love those – "malted mothballs", I used to call them. Didn't vote – didn't read them yet – I think I need new medication – nothing seems very interesting anymore…

aliengirl
10-22-2012, 10:22 AM
AG voted! Some more chocolates please.

Scheherazade
10-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Last week to cast your votes!

Sancho
10-24-2012, 11:34 AM
If I vote again, can I get another bucket of Milted Mothballs?

Looks like this one is headed for extra innings.

DocHeart
10-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Damn. And I can't even do my one of my famous helium horse racing commentaries with just two stories.

Oh wait, actually I can.

Aaaaaaand Ninety-Nine and Valentine are coming round the bend head to head, and it's Ninety-Nine taking the lead by a short stride but Valentine is catching up and looks very powerful indeed, and Ninety-Nine s falling behind a little bit but now coming out on the outside as they charge the last corner, trying to get in a slightly handier position to shade Valentine and here comes the challenge in the final stretch with only two furlongs to travel, Ninety-Nine shaking up Valentine on the near side, it's Ninety-Nine in front but Valentine running home strongly from the inside, AND NINETY-NINE AND VALENTINE, STRIDE BY STRIDE WITH A HUNDRED YARDS LEFT TO GO, AND...

aliengirl
10-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Damn. And I can't even do my one of my famous helium horse racing commentaries with just two stories.

Oh wait, actually I can.

Aaaaaaand Ninety-Nine and Valentine are coming round the bend head to head, and it's Ninety-Nine taking the lead by a short stride but Valentine is catching up and looks very powerful indeed, and Ninety-Nine s falling behind a little bit but now coming out on the outside as they charge the last corner, trying to get in a slightly handier position to shade Valentine and here comes the challenge in the final stretch with only two furlongs to travel, Ninety-Nine shaking up Valentine on the near side, it's Ninety-Nine in front but Valentine running home strongly from the inside, AND NINETY-NINE AND VALENTINE, STRIDE BY STRIDE WITH A HUNDRED YARDS LEFT TO GO, AND...

...and the hearts of many a ladies have stopped beating. The gentlemen must attend to them. And AG is watching all this on her old spaceship's indestructible VDU.

Sancho
10-24-2012, 09:23 PM
HaHa

Okay, here we go, we got a real pressure cooker going here,
Two down, nobody on, no score, bottom of the ninth,
There’s the windup, and there it is, a line shot up the middle,
Look at him go, this boy can really fly! He’s rounding first and really turning it on now,
He’s not letting up at all, he’s going to try for second, the ball is bobbled out in center,
And here comes the throw, and what a throw! He’s gonna slide in head first, here he comes,
He’s out! No, wait, safe-safe at second base, this kid really makes things happen out there,
Batter steps up to the plate, here’s the pitch…he’s going, and what a jump he’s got,
He’s trying for third, here’s the throw, it’s in the dirt, safe at third! Holy cow, safe at third!
He’s taking a pretty big lead out there – almost daring him to try and pick him off,
The pitcher glances over, winds up, and it’s bunted down the third base line,
The suicide squeeze is on! Here he comes, squeeze play, it’s gonna be close,
Holy cow! I think he’s gonna make it!

Doc, we may be mixing sports metaphors here. Except, of course, yours is original and mine I totally ripped off from Meat Loaf. That’s Phil Rizuto’s part in Paradise by the Dash-Board Light.

You know, game one of World Series is on right now. Bottom of the third, Giants up 4-Zip. (Sandoval has just swatted his second homer of the evening)

Scheherazade
10-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Going once...

qimissung
10-31-2012, 12:20 AM
I voted, but it doesn't look as though I'v e broken the tie. :( Both great stories, it was a hard choice.

Haha, DocHeart and Sancho! Brilliant, DocHeart!

Paradise by the Dashboard Light is one of my very, very favorite songs, Sancho.

Sancho
10-31-2012, 09:02 AM
Well, I remember every little thing as if it happened only yesterday

(Hey, we've all been there. I wonder what kids did before cars. Haylofts?)

Scheherazade
11-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Since we have a tie at the end of our regular voting period, the poll will remain open until November 5th.

Scheherazade
11-03-2012, 08:57 PM
More votes needed urgently!

miyako73
11-04-2012, 01:09 PM
C'mon, Hawkman, break the tie.

:)

DocHeart
11-04-2012, 01:50 PM
For the good of the competition, I'm offering my body for a night to the person who breaks the tie.

Emil Miller
11-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Now it will never be broken.

DocHeart
11-05-2012, 04:31 AM
Ha! Tie broken!

Unfortunately, as my legal consultants have reminded me and as a direct effect of the financial crisis, I recently leased my body to a multinational pharmaceutical for experiments. But thanks anyway, Snowqueen. :)

Jerrybaldy
11-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Bugger, I missed it. Just as well as I would have created a dead heat.

qimissung
11-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Ha! Tie broken!

Unfortunately, as my legal consultants have reminded me and as a direct effect of the financial crisis, I recently leased my body to a multinational pharmaceutical for experiments. But thanks anyway, Snowqueen. :)

Ahh! That explains the missing small children, your absence at certain key events, and the weird howling we've been hearing at night. Not to mention the extra hair.

:leaving: