PDA

View Full Version : Satan

xavier
12-19-2002, 02:00 AM
kat, I agree with you about Satan being an extraordinary creation. All of God's creations would have to be, I would think, but to be his favorite, he would have to be close to immaculate. Michael is also considered as the benevolent angel of death. That could be part of the notion of a heart of fire and brimstone. Imagine the irony of Benevolence and Death(where benevolent means: well-wishing, charitable or a charitable act). Satan, the twelve-winged fallen angel, in my opinion, went with the wrong crowd. But this act also could have been inevitable. who knows?<br>write back.

Paul
02-28-2003, 02:00 AM
Perhaps perfection was witheld by God, and Lucifer never allowed to enter this frisson.<br><br>Satan is indeed an extraordinary creature, a creation of God and one of ability. However, greed and perhaps jealosy cast him hence from the governing arms of God and into eternal damnation. <br><br>He is a feared spiritual presence, and has attracted great following both in favour and in despostion.<br><br>But surely an omni-potent God would yeild wisdon sufficient to deal with an inherant evil sufficiently?<br><br>Perhaps the line between good and evil was first measured by this apolyptical debacle, over which battle is now being constantly fought?<br><br>Paul

Marcus
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
Personally i have always thought pride to be the cause of Satans fall from grace. One thing that has always troubled me in this regard however is how pridefull it is for a so stated "omni-potent" being to set upon his subjects the choice of eternal exhaltation of his name or eternal damnation? Sounds more like slavery to me. And if heaven is slavery what is the price of Freedom?<br><br>The relationship between God and Lucifer has always struck me as the relationship most fathers have with their rebellious teenage sons. The demanding straight and narrow father and the mysoginist angste-riddled procreant.

Kat
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
In recent publications about angels and archangels, it is known that Satan was very beautiful. To be God's favorite, he has to be an extrodinary creation. St. Michael is said to be very beautiful physically however it is noted that he has a heart of fire and brime stone. Having the spirit to cast out who use to be God's favorite.<br><br>Just a thought<br>kat