PDA

View Full Version : Finding students

Motherof8
09-19-2012, 01:12 PM
How does one go about getting to know people who might want help in certain subjects if one lives in a rural area without transportation and being online is the only means she has of contacting many people? I looked for a forum that dealt with teachers meeting students but found nothing that suited my needs. I don't want to go to a forum solely for students, as I'm not one, and I don't want one just for teachers, as I want to get to know students.

Charles Darnay
09-19-2012, 04:14 PM
No shortage of students asking for help around here (some more because they are too lazy rather than needing help, mind you.)

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but if you are looking to act as a tutor, then I suggest submitting your name (or card) to local schools. If there is a college/university in your area, this is a great way to do it; many college/uni students search for outside tutors.

Calidore
09-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Also, your local library may let you post a tutoring ad, or you could volunteer there and get to know people who need help that way.

Scheherazade
09-19-2012, 05:44 PM
There are some agencies who deal with online tuition (especially EFL). If you have any official teaching qualifications, you might consider those.

stevanjessica
05-09-2013, 08:50 AM
You are doing a good social work and i am also like and help to teach that children who cannot afford the education..