PDA

View Full Version : Was Nana a Newfoundland

stargirl
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
If you really, really want to score a leading role, then here are some tips that MIGHT help the director find in you what he is looking for in Wendy. First, you have to have the three part talent (sing/acting/dancing)- all three must be fairly good, especially your singing. Second, you have to dress the part at auditions(not obvious, just a little reminder to the director that you CAN be a "wendy"!. What I'm saying is, dress in regular clothes, not a costume, but let you clothes remind the director of the part (for instance wear a blue shirt, skirt, and black shoes) You know, things like that. Third, pick an audition song that is "little- girl- like"- but with an older ring to it....do you know what I mean?! Anyway, have fun, and good luck! (P.S.- I kind of know what I'm talking about, because I've stared as Wendy before, and I have gotten the lead role in 13 out of 15 plays I have performed!!!!!)

Bob Kerns
Oh, come on! Is it really to hard to do your own search?<br><br>Just enter "Nana" in the search box, and the answer will pop up.

Unregistered
nana was a leonberger breed of dog

Harriet Lewenberg
Here is a quotation from Peter Pan that confirms Nana's Newfoundlanditude:<br><br>From chapter I:<br><br>Mrs. Darling loved to have everything just so, and Mr. Darling had a passion for being exactly like his neighbours; so, of course, they had a nurse. As they were poor, owing to the amount of milk the children drank, this nurse was a prim Newfoundland dog, called Nana, who had belonged to no one in particular until the Darlings engaged her.

Unregistered
01-21-2005, 04:52 PM
ok about Nana being a St. Bernard/ Newfoundland..it says in the book by Sir J.M. Barrie that Nana was a "large Newfoundland". why she is portrayed as a St. Bernard in almost every 'Peter Pan' movie on Earth i do not know..but my best friend has a Newfoundland and i can assure you that Nana should be a large brownish-black dog..not a St. Bernard. oh and 'Peter Pan' was a fascinating story and there was sooo much emotion and adventure..it was wonderful.

Marilyn
02-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Nana was a landseer Newfoundland dog. In the current (2003-2004) version of Peter Pan, Nana is incorrectly portrayed by a St. Bernard Actor.

Greg
02-05-2005, 09:24 PM
You are correct about Nana. In the text of the play "Peter Pan" she is described as a Newfoundland dog. However, since the play first opened in 1904 Nana has traditionally been portrayed with the same colors & pattern as Barrie's own dog in real life. Cf. "The Peter Pan Chronicles" by Bruce Hanson

Unregistered
02-14-2005, 02:09 PM
"...this nurse was a prim Newfoundland dog, called Nana..." <br> - Peter Pan, James M. Barrie

Newf
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I've always believed that Nana was a Newfoundland (dog) and probably "brown." She's often portrayed as a St. Bernard. Now, I'm doing some research on this and cannot find anything to confirm what breed she was. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Diva
09-29-2009, 04:24 AM
Nana is A Landseer the same dog as Sir J.M. Barrie had.
In different illustrations of his life you can see him with his Landseer ECT.

JAQ
12-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Barrie had a St Bernard (Porthos) and then a Newfoundland (Luath). Porthos accompanied him when he met the Davies boys and is featured in The Boy Castaways. Luath joined the Barrie family as Sir James was writing the play, and became the model for Nana when it was produced.