PDA

View Full Version : PIXIE DUST?

britt
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I have a question...is it just me, or does PIXIE DUST and HAPPY THOUGHS seem a bit strange to you? drug abusers sometimes have the feeling of flying, do they not? j.m. barries joke...or...........worse? or pure coincidence?!<br><br>also: do you think that this book has any cultural standpoint, worldviews, or universal "CODES"?<br><br>thank-you very much for your help, could you just post here if you have any answers to my never ending questions?

TheLostGirl
03-27-2006, 07:27 PM
I think it was just a coincidence. I dont think Barrie had intened to relate it to drugs. :mad: :lol:

Dr. Pan
04-13-2006, 12:36 AM
No drugs used or intended by Barrie. Fairy or Pixie dust was added later to the script because to many English children were seriously hurting themselves jumping off high object believing that happy thoughts were enough to defy gravity.

As far as "happy thoughts" go, they are what lift our spirits, while negativity burdens us and holds us down. I suspect many use drugs to regain the sense of freedom that came with the innocents of youth, which is why Barrie admired children and remained one himself.