PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Mike
03-11-2005, 05:32 PM
I agree entirely with your sentiments. I always feel that Otter is an understated character in the book;he is brave, resourceful and friendly. His river lore is on a par with that of Ratty and he has a family as well!(Although we only ever meet Portly, his errant son).

Mike
03-17-2005, 06:15 PM
Like a fine wine, The Wind in the Willows matures with age. I can only hope that the afterlife reflects the qualities enjoyed by Otter, Toad, Mole, Ratty and Badger.

Mike
03-20-2005, 08:06 PM
I agree. The Wind in the Willows is a tale that always remains with you. It has a haunting quality and a multi-layered structure with its saga of friendship, unfulfilled potential, adventure and analogy of society. I particularly enjoy the role of Otter, the only principal character with a family.

John M.
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
The Wind in the Willows is truly a masterpiece! The words of many parts of it are like poetry, and they flow gracefully off the page, like the River that Rat and Mole hold so dear. This book is not only written for children, but also for anybody else who wishes to appreciate the quiet majesty this book creates in our hearts, where we all know this book has a special significance.