PDA

View Full Version : Scarlet Letter

Unregistered
09-16-2002, 01:00 AM
Over the summer I was required to read the text for an AP English course. I very much enjoyed the book. I suggest reading it, just make sure you skip the "Custom House" intro because it will bore you to tears.<br><br>Have Fun With It ;-)

Unregistered
09-27-2002, 01:00 AM
The Scarlet Letter is tough reading, but once you get into it, you'll find that it's actually interesting. I agree about skipping the intro--you don't need to read it to understand the story.

Unregistered
11-23-2002, 02:00 AM
<br> Amy, <br> All of the classic books assigned to students need to be assigned by chapter reading to students. There should be a discussion the following class time to get comments from the students and finally to draw out the real interpretation of the author. If instructors would take the time to do this more students would want to read some of these great classics. How can you expect a young adult to understand the language and the times of the book when many of you do not have the maturity to do so. You have to educate yourself as much as you can in life to be able to understand the meaning of it. It will all come together as you mature.

Amy
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Im about to read The Scarlet Letter for school...<br>I was wondering whether it will be worth my while seeing<br>as i have never read a WHOLE book in my life.<br>Maybe The House of Seven Gables is better?<br>Can someone just let me know so i don't start reading<br>it and then like just not finish it...<br>OR can someone refer a pre 20th century novel to me??<br>Thanx so much<br>-Amy-

Armand
07-10-2005, 04:45 PM
I've Never Read The Scarlet Letter.I've Heard Of It Often And Had Planned To Someday But Just Never Got Around To It.A Book I Very Highly Recommend Is The Phantom Of The Opera By Gaston Leroux.Wonderfuly Done.Or If You Want to Try Other Gothic Novels I'd Go With Either Dracula-Bram Stoker Or Frankenstein-Mary Wallstonecraft Shelly,Both Of Which Are Here.Good Luck On Your Search For A Perfect Book For You.Hope This Has Helped.

Two Roads Diverged In A Wood And I,I Took The One Less Travelled By.And That Has Made ALL The Difference~Robert Frost.