PDA

View Full Version : Between the Acts

JadeWolf
05-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Helloo!

I'll be straight with you, I was asked to read Between the Acts by my English teacher as an extra assignment, me being the only English-speaking pupil in my French class in France. However, I was unable to find a hard copy of the book available to purchase (French bookstores tend to be poor on the less popular foreign language classics) so I turn towards good samaritans on the Web.

I've found the text online just now, and will devote all my available computer time (sadly not much, important exams coming up) to reading dear Ms Woolf's work and writing up a summary of it. Would anyone be so kind as to outline the plot for me, as detailed as you can bear to exert yourself :) ?

The main question however concerns themes.What themes are dominant in Between the Acts? How are they depicted? I could do with some example if you please.

I can deal with the commentary and grammatical questions she's bound to set me as well as these two more simple (but requiring somewhat more time) tasks. Any help the good denizens of these forums could provide would be most welcome! =)

Calidore
05-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Sorry, we're not a third-party homework service. People here will be happy to discuss your thoughts with you and help you flesh them out.

If your computer time is limited and you can't find it locally, does Amazon have a French branch you could order a cheap copy from? (Or you could try the UK one.) Alternatively, do you have an e-reader that you could download the text onto?