PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

The Wolf
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
The Scarlet Letter is an awesome novel. I think people who do not like it have not given it a chance. This goes out to the kid who did not like Ethan Frome either. If you must read these books for class, please stop *****ing about them. Its like every kid in my class. Concentrating very hard on getting good marks but blowing off the novel. These books have something for everybody, not just the literature scholars. If you cannot appreciate the writing, enjoy the story. And if you cannot do this either, embrace the fact that both Hester Prynne and Mattie Silver are very hot. I'm so sick of kids who complain about the things they have to learn in school. I have more respect for the kids who flagrantly do not do their work than the ones who do it all and then complain. If you are going to do it, enjoy it, if not then dont waste your time writing about how boared you are on a website like this.<br> As for the Scarlet Letter, Hawthorne is awesome. He writes fantastically, (not that he needs my approval) and the symbolism is wicked cool. I get too caught up in the story and the briliant words to truly express any worthy critique. for those of you who like Hawthorne, read "Young Goodman Brown". It is my favorite short story ever!

TH3 HAT3D ON3'S
04-29-2008, 10:49 AM
The Scarlet Letter is a good book, but it also had it's moments of putting me to sleep. I did enjoy reading it because it was a challenge for me and a new genra then Im used to reading.

coolestnerdever
06-24-2008, 01:36 PM
I think it's the fact that people have to read it for school. I'm reading it just for fun, and my friends from another school all think I'm insane. It's torture to study, I guess.