PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Annoyed by Idiots (15 yr. old)
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Okay. Let me start by saying this: The Scarlet Letter is an excruciatingly easy read. Those of you who say it's just boring junk, with no point, are probably one of the idiots that annoys me. I have several points to make:<br>1) The Scarlet Letter does NOT contain Old English. If you want Old English, read some original Shakespeare.<br>2) The "Old English" you people refer to in your comments is really not hard to figure out (if you don't already know what it means) if you use context clues. Context clues can almost always eliminate or lessen your need of a dictionary.<br>3) Although The Scarlet Letter does seem dragged down by detailed descriptions, the story beneath the mundane is exquisite.<br>4) When I was younger (let's say about 4th or 5th grade), I loved reading and I always had a book in hand, whether it was "The Boxcar Children" or "My Side of the Mountain". I really couldn't (and can't) understand why people don't enjoy reading? Maybe it's because they try a book that is either too advanced or is boring. Do they think that because this one book they picked up is boring and hard to understand that all books are like this? If you start to read something that's not quite your cup of tea, put it down, pick something else out. And never give up on a book until you've read at least three chapters.<br>5) People who spend their time writing a paragraph about how much The Scarlet Letter "sucked so bad" really need to understand that when other people read it, it makes them look like ignorant and (quite frankly) stupid pre-teens. So instead of thinking about how this book "sucks so bad" then next time you read something, give it a chance.<br>6) I'd also like to apologize to this website, because this posting area is for essays-in-the-works, and that's not what this is. Although, I must say, these comments of mine are no waste of time or space compared to those by people like "Little Me", "Peg", and "Amy". "Jessica" - I completely agree and sympathize with you.